Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing Iphone Photos Using Irfanview...something has changed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Iphone Photos Using Irfanview...something has changed...

Hello and thank you. I love IrfanView and have used it forever!

Battling Windows 10 has me losing my mind and now I'm confused!

I believe I've always viewed Iphone photos using Irfanview as my default. But now, I can view one Iphone photo, but, when I want to use scroll wheel or arrows to advance to the next Iphone photo (I need to delete a bunch, but must open them to compare to others, first), I get images from other things - logos from emails or images I've viewed on the 'Net. Weird!

I notice that the address for an opened photo that is still on the Iphone is: "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\I NetCache\IE\CWO36184\IMG_3899[1].JPG - IrfanView"

Is there a way to reset something so that IrfanView can view one Iphone photo after another? (Maybe reset the address to: This PC\iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\103APPLE?)

Microsoft 2nd tier support angrily told me they don't support IrfanView. (I consider that a blessing!) I haven't found anything on Apple's site.

Any suggestions? Sure do thank you!

Why do IPHONE photos open with Windows Photo Viewer?

I attach my Iphone to my Win7 pc and explore the photos. When I open any photo, it opens with Windows Photo Viewer. Why?

1. I have only 1 FILETYPE associated with Windows Photo Viewer and it is .DLL (although I have no idea why a .DLL would have a photo.)

2. In Windows Photos Viewer (aka piece of crap) I can't even display or learn the fileid. I can open the files with Irfanview if I do so manually with the explorer context menu and choosing "open with" Irfanview. When open in Irfanview the filetype is shown as .JPG, which, by defaults for me, opens with Irfanview.

Comment

Please see this previous long thread in Bug Reports. it is not a bug. If you want to browse the files with IrfanView, copy them to a convenient folder on your hard drives.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

thanks for the reply.

I would like to point, especially for anyone else who stumbles onto this thread:

1. Don't bother reading the entire "this previous long thread": https://irfanview-forum.de/showthrea...ghlight=iphone

The only important information is the LAST ENTRY by WilFriedH. Basically, Windows Photo Viewer is specifically designed to handle "media devices". Irfanview is not. Remember: the Iphone does not have a "standard" file system.

Comment

Working...
        X