Edit text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit text

I have inserted some text into an image. Now I want to know its font name, its font size and its colour. Please tell me how to learn these characteristics.

Also, please tell me how to copy and paste the text into a second location in the image.

The image is a family portrait. I want to label the names and dates of each member of the family.

Thanks, spruce 18b

The font name, size, and colour is shown on the dialogue when you insert overlay text. It can be changed there and the new settings will be used until you change it again.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

My request refers to the Insert text option, not the option named Insert overlay/watermark image.

The text that I entered is too small. I cannot increase the font size unless I can see its attributes. The text has a white border but I cannot match a rectangle to the location of the inserted text.

The image is a family portrait.

I want to increase the size of the text and copy it to a second location in the image where it can be revised to identify a second person. Please tell me how to do this.

Thanks, spruce18b

Comment

That's what the dialogue is called when you insert text. Please look again when you insert some text into a selection.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          That's what the dialogue is called when you insert text. Please look again when you insert some text into a selection.
          Hi Bhikkhu, Thank you for staying with me on this query.

I know how to insert new text. However, I want to revise some text that I have previously inserted. Please tell me how to do that.

Thanks, spruce18b

Comment

Text that is inserted is immediately flattened. All you can do is erase or clone over it using IrfanPaint (F12) and insert new text.

If you want to keep text editable, use an application that supports layers like PhotoShop, or a Vector Drawing or DTP application, then export in any desired image format.

Comment

Working...
            X