Contact sheet numbering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Contact sheet numbering

I'm making a series of contact sheets to be sent to the same folder with the dialogue window set up as in the attachment. The first image appears as 01 as it should but then the count does not increase. The only way I can get it to work is to insert the number and increase it manually for each image. Am I missing something?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by voyeuse; 01.09.2017, 05:59 PM.

It works OK for me. Why are you using $M in the footnote? That's the index number of multipage files.

Are you trying to create a contact sheet from a multipage image?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No. I'm trying to save a series of contact sheets in the same folder and I want the number given to each to increase by one. Instead the next sheet is given the same number -- 01 as the first. I deleted $M which made no difference.

Comment

Are you looking at the filename of the contact sheet opened in IrfanView or the filenames of the files saved on disk?

These are my dialogue settings,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Contact Sheets.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	81732

and the result on disk.

Name:	File Names.png
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	81733
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

OK let's go back to square one. This is the contact sheet window:

Name:	contact sheet.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	81736

and when I click on create it saves this file:

Name:	file name.jpg
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	81734

Then when I select another 4 images and try to create a second sheet I get this message:

Name:	warning.jpg
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	81735

In other words, it is trying to save another file with the same name as the first, because it hasn't counted up to 02. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't see it.

Comment

Select all of the images that you wish to create contact sheets for, and IrfanView will create multiple files, e.g. 3 files if you select 12, or 100 files if you select 400 images.

Comment

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X