Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug [BUG] Unicode files & CTRL+N shortcut

Hello everyone,
    First I want to thank the irfanview team for their amazing work. Until now I didn't found any software as good as Irfanview!

I have, like others I guess, a problem about Unicode files. I know well Irfanview wasn't build for that, but we have the plug-in. It works well, but when you are viewing file and you want to "duplicate-open" it with the shortcut ctrl+n you got the "not supported" message.

Way to reproduce:
    1. Create a folder: lorem ipsum
    2. Put two pictures there (1 should be enough, but let's be sure):
      -??
      -???
    3. Open one of them with the plug-in activated
    4. Use the CTRL+N shortcut
    5. Warning message appear

I'd like to have your help on that. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by ZeeGee; 04.09.2017, 08:23 PM.

I can confirm the behaviour with 32-bit IrfanView.

An easy workaround is to open another copy of the file from Windows Explorer.

The Unicode plugin does not work with 64-bit IrfanView anyway, but I assume that there is a bug there somewhere.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan replied. Basically, this is not implemented, rather than being a bug.

If the unicode plugin is enabled, it is always there (loaded on program start) ... there is nothing to "start" again

=> the unicode plugin doesn't handle everything, not all function calls ... this is the problem => not implemented in the plugin.

Anyway, the next IrfanView version will be native-unicode ... no plugin needed, this will work
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Wow that's a quick answer!!

Thank you for answering me. Yes opening from the Explorer work, but I'd rather use the shortcut, make it easier and... quicker

Aaah, I see... I guess I could try to see how it can be implemented, I've zero knowledge so I guess waiting would be better (and quicker).

Oh, so it's the next version? I didn't followed much. Any ETA?

Again thank you, I'll change the title and you can close the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeGee View Post
          Oh, so it's the next version? I didn't followed much. Any ETA?
          The best guess is from the History of Older Versions.

Releases seem to come about once a year on average. The latest version was released in December 2016.

Comment

Working...
          X