Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Black banding only in Irfanview

Hey Guys,

I've come across a B/W banding issue. I assume its origin is from the offenders scanner. Whats strange about this case is that any other image program I view the tif in doesn't show the bands. Its only Irfanview that seems to be affected. Any ideas?

SS193451.tif

Cheers,
    James

I am not seeing any problem. The image looks just fine at all zoom levels, whether resampling when zooming is enabled or not.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I am not seeing any problem. The image looks just fine at all zoom levels, whether resampling when zooming is enabled or not.
      Interesting. I reopened the image I uploaded and I still see the banding. Below is a screenshot of what I'm seeing.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SS193451screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	81739

And zoomed right in to some lettering
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SS193451closeup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	81740

I'm using v4.23.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
      James

Comment

Update to the latest version 4.44 and fill in your forum profile.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Update to the latest version 4.44 and fill in your forum profile.
          Thanks Bhikkhu.

I can't update my Irfanview (at least not anytime soon) at work. I'll have a look at the image on my laptop at home with the latest version and see if I can replicate the problem.

I'll fill out my profile tomorrow.

Cheers,
          James

Comment

I opened the image on my home laptop with Irfanview 4.44 and it displayed fine. I have a work colleague on a completely separate machine have the same banding issue using v4.23.

I'll try and get all of the work versions updated. It looks like that should fix the problem.

Cheers,
            James

Comment

Hi All,

For posterity, upgrading to the latest version has fixed the problem.

Thanks @Bhikkhu.

Cheers,
              James
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 20.09.2017, 05:12 AM. Reason: Correct typo

Comment

Working...
              X