Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIK Collection

Hi,

I just downloaded the NIK Collection and was trying to add it to IrfanView and apparently I did something wrong as it does not even show up in the list. This is the first 3rd party plugin I have tried to add to it so I'm guessing I didn't do it correctly. Is there a guide on how to correctly add it?

Thanks

Here's a thread that covers installing photoshop (.8bf) plugins. The example there is not a NIK plugin but the procedure is the same for all .8bf plugins.

Be careful though with the NIK plugins : they update the file from which you called the plugin, so always work on a copy!!!!!

Also please fill in your forum profile (Operating system & Irfanview version you are using). It will help us to help you.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

jazzman,

Thanks for the link. I tried the listed steps and the filter(s) never showed up in that dialog box. I even tried copying the 8bf file into the Adobe 8bf folder just in case it didn't it in another folder and still same results. After I select file nothing shows up to start. I'm not sure why.

As for OS I have both Win10 and WinXP systems with IrfranView 4.50. The XP one my test one that I was trying to install the plugins on. I figured after I tried them out on it I would install them on my Win10 system.

Comment

Hi azbigdogs,

I downloaded the NIK plugins several months ago, but never did much about installing + testing.

I did some tests now on Win7.

Installing NIK here results in a folder structure where each plugin has its own folder with an 8bf- and an exe-file.

I can add the 8bf-plugins to Irfanview in the manner described. However most of them don't work, even cause IrfanView to abend. An exception is Viveza 2 which works for me under IrfanView + Win7.

The alternative is to define the exe-files as external editors in IrfanView.

External editors 1-3 can be defined through the properties dialog. Further editors can be added by manually editing the i_view32.ini file.

This also works for WinXP (I tried Silver Efex there)

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
        X