Toolbar Zoom Box Strange Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Bhikkhu and Mij.

Another problem is that the test version Help doesn't work. I got around this by installing the 64-bit and the test version. Help works in the standard version and the zoom box works in the test version so all is well.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.01.2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texchanchan View Post
      Another problem is that the test version Help doesn't work.
      It works fine for me in both the 32-bit and 64-bit test versions.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Texchanchan View Post
        Another problem is that the test version Help doesn't work.
        Check that with all that re-installing and replacing with the test file that you have not lost your i_view32.chm file. It should be in the same folder where i_view32.exe is installed.

Comment

Labels on dropdown menu for zoom sizes

I am using v4.50 and when I use the dropdown combo box to select a zoom size, all the characters are jumbled nonsense. They seem corrupted. is there a fix for this?

I am on WinXP (yeah, I know it's old).

Comment

see here: https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=11343

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

The zoom box should be made a little wider so that all characters fit (including the decimal, or get rid of it). The "current directory index" is wide enough but the new zoom box isn't. This seems to be a simple enough fix.

The textboxes don't look very nice in bigger toolbars. The text is not scaled as much as the buttons are, and appears not centered in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
                The zoom box should be made a little wider so that all characters fit (including the decimal, or get rid of it). The "current directory index" is wide enough but the new zoom box isn't. This seems to be a simple enough fix.
                Send a bug report to Irfan. I don't have a problem with larger toolbars: usually 24-48 pixel toolbars are adequate. The default toolbar is only 16 pixels, which is small on today's HiRes monitors. I guess it was designed for 800x600.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

select zoom bugs

when i select zoom it shows weird characters
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	irfanview bug.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	83037

Comment

While testing this, I entered a zoom value using the keyboard and when I press enter the position of the viewed image gets changed. The part of the image which was in the center is no longer in the centre but shifted to the left.

This is true whether using larger or smaller zoom values.

It doesn't happen when I click the PLUS or MINUS zoom button or select a preset from the dropdown box.

Can anyone confirm if they also get this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Smith View Post
                      Can anyone confirm if they also get this?
                      Also happens for me when selecting a value from the drop list.

Comment

Originally posted by richlite View Post
                        Works for me now! thanks!
                        Same here, thanks!

Comment

chinese signs in drop down box

Hi there,
                          why do i have chinese signs in drop down box?
                          Language is: GERMAN
                          picture attached

Hallo,
                          ich habe chinesische Zeichen in meiner Menüleiste in der DropDownBox.
                          Sprache: Deutsch
                          Bild im Anhang

Wiin10/64
                          Irfanview 4.50 - 32bit

Thnx 4 Hlp - Danke für die Hilfe!
                          Attached Files

Comment

The reason for the strange characters is that all ANSI data in v4.50 has now been converted to Unicode so that Chinese and other Eastern language characters can be used in file and folder names.
                            It is a bug however that the ratios in the zoom drop down box have been converted too.
                            The fix for it can be found in this thread.

Comment: There seems to be a bug in this thread too as a part of the thread you posted in has been appended to it.
                            Last edited by Mij; 23.02.2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                              Comment: There seems to be a bug in this thread too as a part of the thread you posted in has been appended to it.
                              I merged the threads.

Comment

Thanks a lot - this works fine for me.
                                Vielen Dank!

Comment

Working...
                                X