Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolbar Zoom Box Strange Characters

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit

IrfanView 4.50 64 bit (even in the version 4.50 32 bit)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toolbar Zoom Box strange characters.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	84971

Confirmed here. I sent a report to Irfan Skiljan.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan sent me these test versions to fix the issue. Extract them and follow the instructions in howto.txt
      Attached Files
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The fix works perfectly.

Name:	iview64_test.jpg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	81762

Thanks

Comment

Danke, bei mir geht diese Version nun auch.
          Works well.
          LG Heinrich

Comment

Thanks a lot for a fix!

Comment

Fix works great

Thank you for that fix!
              "It takes all kinds of people to make the world, and I'm glad I'm not one of them." ~ Lora Lee Stine ~

Comment

I'd noticed this after upgrading recently, and had hoped it would 'Go Away' as I tweaked the install, but it didn't.

Checked here and found the 'test' zip.

Installed per instructions.

Can also report it worked fine and fixed the zoom box.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Comment

Had the problem too. Installed the test zip and it worked fine. Thank you!

Comment

Works for me now! thanks!

Comment

And the fix worked for me, on 2 systems. Thanks! I extracted the .zip, and just copied/pasted i_view64.exe, as the Plugins folders in the .zip is empty.

Comment

Strange Chinese characters in the toolbar zoom box fixed by installing the test file as shown in above entries. But now the toolbar is tiny. The zoom box is very, very small and the levels are hard to see. I'm going to try downloading the whole program again and see if that fixes THAT problem. Using 32-bit in Windows 10 64-bit.

No, redownloading from irfanview.com (32 bit) just brings back the problem, so I redownloaded the test zip and again it fixed it. Still has a tiny toolbar. I can live with that.
                        Last edited by Texchanchan; 28.12.2017, 04:19 PM. Reason: added results of downloading

Comment

Originally posted by Texchanchan View Post
                          Still has a tiny toolbar. I can live with that.
                          You don't need to. You can download more skins and choose one with large icons.

Name:	Phoenity 48.png
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	83013

You can even make your own skins. It's not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Texchanchan View Post
                            Strange Chinese characters in the toolbar zoom box fixed by installing the test file as shown in above entries. But now the toolbar is tiny. The zoom box is very, very small and the levels are hard to see. I'm going to try downloading the whole program again and see if that fixes THAT problem. Using 32-bit in Windows 10 64-bit.
                            No, redownloading from irfanview.com (32 bit) just brings back the problem, so I redownloaded the test zip and again it fixed it. Still has a tiny toolbar. I can live with that.
                            The test versions that Irfan produces so that users can check that they do what was requested are not official releases of "fixes". They are just copies of what he has been working on and usually include other features that he might be trying out for a future version of the program. There are sometimes a few bugs in them that have not yet been sorted out. You have to decide whether you make use of it until the next version comes along or not.

You can easily change to another toolbar using Properties/Settings from the Options menu and selecting the Toolbars tab. The Default toolbar is a bit small for many people. The numbers in the toolbar names you see are the size of the fonts used, in Points. I use Grosberg 24 which is a bit bigger but there are even bigger ones to select. As Bhikkhu Pesala says there are further toolbars that you can download too if you do not like what is on offer in the dialog.

Comment

Thank you, Bhikkhu Pesala, for reporting the Bug to Irfan. The new version solves the problem.
                              Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
                              Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
                              X