Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browse with mouse wheel stops if the mouse pointer is outside the last picture' frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browse with mouse wheel stops if the mouse pointer is outside the last picture' frame

Hello There!
    I just installed Windows 10, and of course one of the first applications was IrfanView. (The latest: 4.50).
    I like to browse through a folder of pictures with the mouse wheel. Until now, the mouse pointer could be anywhere if IrfanView was the active window.
    Now, if the mouse pointer is outside a picture, even when it is the active Window, browsing stops, until I move the pointer into the picture.
    This is so inconvenient. (Especially, when you have pictures with different sizes.)
    I didn't find any option in IrfanView's settings that could manage this thing.
    Is there a solution?
    Thanks,
    Felix

This is nothing to do with IrfanView, but is the default behaviour of Windows 10. There may be a way to turn it off if you search for it, but you will get used it soon enough.

It has its benefits, e.g. if you want to compare two pictures in different IrfanView windows, or type in Notepad while scrolling a picture in IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      This is nothing to do with IrfanView, but is the default behaviour of Windows 10. There may be a way to turn it off if you search for it, but you will get used it soon enough.

It has its benefits, e.g. if you want to compare two pictures in different IrfanView windows, or type in Notepad while scrolling a picture in IrfanView.
      Hi! I don't see real benefits of this, but thanks anyway. Hopefully someone would know a workaround in Win 10.

Comment

Windows 10 introduced a feature I’ve been waiting years for: the ability to hover over an inactive window and scroll up and down with the scroll wheel
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you very much! You made my day :-)
          Gabor

Comment

Working...
          X