change image bpp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change image bpp

is it possible to convert the image and lower its bpp?

Command line options can be found in i_options.txt in the Program Files folder.

/bpp=BitsPerPixel - change color depth of the input image to BitsPerPixel

Example for /bpp:
    i_view32.exe c:\test.jpg /bpp=8
    Supported BPP-values: 1, 4, 8 and 24 (decrease/increase color depth)
    => Open 'c:\test.jpg' and reduce to 256 colors
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Command line options can be found in i_options.txt in the Program Files folder.

/bpp=BitsPerPixel - change color depth of the input image to BitsPerPixel

Example for /bpp:
      i_view32.exe c:\test.jpg /bpp=8
      Supported BPP-values: 1, 4, 8 and 24 (decrease/increase color depth)
      => Open 'c:\test.jpg' and reduce to 256 colors
      but im using iview64 *path* /convert *to path* / bpp = 1
      the image still 8bpp

Comment

You do not say why you want to reduce the image to 1 bpp. I use it to save scanned images as PDF files with small file size but because I want to apply saturation, contrast and brightness adjustments before reducing to 2 colours, I use the /advancedbatch command line option. The images are forms with handwritten entries and I get nice clear 1 bpp black and white images from a range of different coloured inks and line widths.

I use 32bit Irfanview to do this using the old IMPDF.DLL plugin to save the files. This could not be done with the 64bit Irfanview plugin at the time I set it up. I do not know if it is possible now. One thing that confused me at first was that if I tried to view the 1bpp PDF images in Irfanview they were always opened and displayed as 24bpp but I could tell from the file size that they were genuine 1bpp images that I was opening. I now always view them in a PDF program instead.

Comment

Working...
        X