Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video playback is fine on IV but corrupted on some other platforms - Why is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video playback is fine on IV but corrupted on some other platforms - Why is this?

Video (.avi) files from the LTL ACORN trail cameras play fine on IrfanView. When played on windows media player and some other platforms the files from some of the cams are scramble of squares as per below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	acorn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	84978

This is a recent thing with newer models I think as I'm sure the old cams play fine on win. Does anybody know why this might be? Thank you.

[Edit - PS the white streaks at the bottom are the remnants of the time/date stamp)
    Last edited by mothulus; 29.10.2017, 01:58 PM.

Note that I don't view avi files but I am sure it's all a matter of having the right codecs. Windows media player apparently doesn't find the required codecs, but IrfanView does. VLC media player may be a better alternative.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you - I will try to find out what codecs is all about.

Comment

Working...
      X