This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from 3.99 to 4.10?

I've got IrfanView v3.99 installed, along with the plugins. What's the best way to upgrade to v4.10?

Do I need to uninstall v3.99 and all plugins first?

Or do I install 4.10 and the plugins over the existing install (and if I do will that create two entries in Add/remove programs, one each for v3.99 and v4.10?)

Thanks!!!

You can install over the top of 3.99 unless you want to tryout 4.10 first, in which case install it in a new folder. Plugins for 4.1 should also be iinstalled. If you install over the top, you will have only one entry in Add/Remove Programs.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

the installation over the old version ist possible. But I preffer to uninstall the old IView and check that the whole folder has been removed. And then install the current version and the necessary plugins.

Using old plugins with newer version of the IView.exe may cause problems like the exif-bug (open the exif window for one picture will open the windows again and again until IView will be restarted).

Regards, Nils.

Comment

When you're happy about the way IrfanView behaves at the moment, you could copy the old one with the plugins etc. to another folder. Now uninstall your 3.99 version. Than install 4.1 (no need to restart system). You don't need to install the plugins, but if you do, use the 4.1 package of course. Later, you allways have got your old one in reserve when you have doubt about some behaviour.

Comment

Working...
        X