Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved EPS Files with german "umlauten" üäö

Hi,

when I open a EPS File with a german Umalut in its Filename, then the EPS could not be opened.
    Error:
    Ghostscript decode error, the file can't be loaded/decoded.
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs9.07\bin\gsdll32.dll)

The filename ist "test_ä.eps"
    If I cange the filename to "test.eps" the EPS will be shown..

I have IrfanView 4.50 an I could not find the option "UNICODE Support" under Options-> languages
    All went fine with IrfanView 4.44 - I think there was a option "UNICODE Support" under Options-> languages

Greetings
    Eugen
    Attached Files

Maybe a bug in Ghostscript or it needs updating.

After installing this update:
    Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

IrfanView 64-bit now works for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opening EPS with Ghostscript.png
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	82972
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 23.11.2017, 10:48 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

yes - Ghostscript 9.10 did the trick.
      All fine now

Thanks!

Greetings
      Eugen

Comment

Originally posted by uma View Post
        I have IrfanView 4.50 an I could not find the option "UNICODE Support" under Options-> languages
        All went fine with IrfanView 4.44 - I think there was a option "UNICODE Support" under Options-> languages
        No, there is no longer an option under Options > Languages to turn on Unicode support in v4.50 because Unicode is now supported all the time.
        The first time you open the Options dialog in 4.50 the file where the settings are stored (i_view32.ini or i_view64.ini) is converted to Unicode and will remain so. If you use "Save filenames as TXT file" in the Slideshow dialog that will be a Unicode file too.

Comment

Working...
        X