file associations unset by windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved file associations unset by windows 10

I want Irfanview to be default file opener for jpg, png, gif but windows 10 (apparently) unsets it as soon as I set it in Irfanview.

How can I make it stick so this does not happen?

Mod Edit: Irfanview 4.50, operating system: windows 10 (could not figure out how to edit my profile here, which is out of date)
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 02.12.2017, 06:04 PM. Reason: Corrected version #

The current version is 4.50 not 5.0.

Did you install the Windows App Store version of the one on the home page?

You can find a minor update to fix the zoom box box on my Help page.

See this earlier thread about File Associations.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 02.12.2017, 08:00 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks Bhikkhu Pesala. The problem was resolved by changing file association for photos to irfanview in control panel of windows 10. Before that windows 10 was unsetting irfanview's setting for bmp, jpg, png, and gif (but oddly most frequently for png). Now they stay. Yes, I have 4.50 of irfanview. Thanks for the link to earlier File Associations thread, which made me think to try control panel. (I have an 64 bit hp windows 10 desktop but am using Irfanview 4.50 -- 32 bit version).

Comment

Working...
      X