EPS to JPG has lines or is almost all black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved EPS to JPG has lines or is almost all black

Hi. I've noticed over the last 4 years or so that batch converting .eps to .jpg can sometimes have white lines through the .jpgs. It would just depend on what computer I was using. So I just used a computer that didn't produce the while lines. It's been fine for the last 2 years or so on any computer I used until recently the white lines came back with more problems. Now some conversions are almost all black. It doesn't happen on all conversions but quite a few. I've tried to Save for Web but get the same result. If I have to do them one by one then I can use CorelDraw X5 where they were made and one by one export the .eps's from the art department as .jpg but I like using IrfanView with it's batch conversion ability. I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 OS Build 16299.15, 8GB Ram on a Dell Inspiron. I've tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of IrfanView 4.50.

Previously I thought it might be the different graphics cards in different computers that was affecting the quality of the conversion to jpg. Now I'm wondering if it is purely software related like an update for Windows? Plug-in version for postscript or version of ghostscript? Or some settings I've missed?

Here is a comparison for the same graphic from last year to this year.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2144146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	85075 Click image for larger version

Name:	2144146.jpg
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	85076

This year example with black overlay

Name:	5488282.jpg
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	85077

Thanks for your replies. IrfanView is awesome!
    Last edited by JohnD; 21.12.2017, 06:57 PM. Reason: typos

Just tried from yet another computer and the conversions from .eps to .jpg were fine. Does anybody know why this happens? The computer was using IrfanView 4.44 32 bit.

Name:	Irfanview 4.44.png
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	83005

Comment

Nothing we can do without the EPS files. You will need to archive them to attach them. 7-Zip is best.

EPS conversion uses Ghostscript. I think ghostpcl-9.22-win64 is the version that you need.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.12.2017, 08:47 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi. Here is some.
        Attached Files

Comment

No obvious problems here. Did you update Ghostscript?

Name:	2421284.png
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	83007
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That png looks great. I installed latest IrfanView 32 and 64 bit with plugins. I also installed Ghostscript 9.22 for 32 and 64 bit from https://www.ghostscript.com/download/gsdnld.html

Here are screenshots of IrfanView 4.50 32 bit and 64 bit

Name:	32bitIrfanview.jpg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	83016 Click image for larger version

Name:	64bitIrfanview.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	83017

Name:	IrfanView32bitBlackImage.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	83019 Click image for larger version

Name:	IrfanView64bitBlackImage.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	83018
            Attached Files

Comment

Are your Ghostscript plugin options the same as mine?

Name:	Ghostscript Plugin Options.png
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	83020
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.12.2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Yes same location but I noticed the DPI is set to 96 instead of 300. I didn't set that so is that the default setting?

Name:	Irfanview Plug in location 32bit.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	83024 Click image for larger version

Name:	Irfanview Plug in location 64bit.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	83025

Changed the setting to 300 but still having the problem.
                Last edited by JohnD; 02.01.2018, 03:36 PM. Reason: Update after changing setting

Comment

The 32 bit image above was from version 4.35 32 bit. Here is the screenshot for 4.50 32 bit. It too was set as 96 DPI but I changed it to 300. It has the same problems still with some files after setting it to 300 DPI.

Name:	Irfanview 4.50 Plug in location 32bit.jpg
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	83026

Comment

Then I am out of ideas. Maybe a graphics card problem.

Send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan (see Help, About IrfanView).

Comment

Irfan Skiljan replied:

Solution 1: change window color of IrfanView, in "Properties->Viewing" ... and reload the file.

Solution 2: disable "Show PNG... alpha/transparency" in the same dialog and reload the file.

Comment

Working...
                      X