Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLC and FLI

Hello everybody,
    I'm not able to play any FLC on my box, even though I'd installed the plugin together with the new IV version.
    In the thumbnail viewer those files are not even showing.
    Any suggestion?

Did it work in IV versions before v4 ?
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

previous version was ok

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
      Did it work in IV versions before v4 ?
      well, apologize me for my delay.

Yes it was working in version 3.99

tnx

Comment

I don't have any FLC file to test this, but this could be an item for the Bug department.
        But I will wait a little, maybe someone can confirm this behaviour.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I tested a FLIC I had just converted in Jasc Animation Shop. First my IrfanView demanded QuickTime (I don't have that bloatware), but after I unchecked

Options -> Video/Sound -> Use QuickTime for...

it didn't display anything after I opened the FLIC. Previous versions tried to play it with Windows MCI and displayed an error. Version 3.85 found a JPEG there and complained it can't decode that.

Which plugin is supposed to decode FLIC files?

Comment

I checked. It's QUICKTIME.DLL.
            Bad news. I avoid having that bloatware on my system too (btw JetAudio can play MOVs without the Quicktime drivers), as I avoid the horrors of Real.
            It's quite bizarre, that the formats FLI, FLC, are part of this dll, because there's no relation whatsoever. These formats were already used in the DOS days for movies and animations. Long before quicktime came along.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

You can associate your fli & flc files to Media Player Classic.
              Download Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 [2011.04.11] : Media Player Classic (MPC) comes with a big load of extra features you will enjoy

I do so and it works fine in IrfanView. You must add these extensions yourself in the row 'Other:' (at your own risk). If this doesn't work, perhaps you don't have the codec loaded for these files. Then you may install codecpack K-Lite from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm wich include Media Player Classic.

Comment

The K-Lite pack is a nice one. Is on my set too.
                I've used Media Player Classic successful for a while, until I found alternative ones.

I extracted a player from the 'Mediacoder' package, which handles FLI/FLC as well :
                http://www.xs4all.nl/~samzen/download/mplayer.zip (no setup, use MPUI.exe as program)
                A plus : it also can handle the formats RA and RM without need for codecs of Real ..!
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Media Player Classic does not need an external decoder for FLIC. It uses the built in filter. I had not noticed there was one for FLIC before.

Older versions of K-Lite Megapack are the only sources on the public web where to get illegal paid Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder. Media Player Slassic and VideoLAN both serve as good alternative players. It's not that any valuable content comes in Real, Apple or FLIC formats.

Comment

A nice tip about Animation Shop by the way. Only used it for anigifs so far, never payed attention to other formats.
                    So now, for testing this, I could convert a GIF to FLC. (FLI seemed to be bound to 320x240)
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Here's a funny old fli file that awakes nostalgic feelings in the fullscreen modus. Maybe to test future IV versions.

Comment

Nostalgic yeah. But I didn't manage to play this one. As a matter of fact I found, to my surprise, no checkbox for FLC/FLI,
                        in the list of Properties/Extensions. A missing codec I supposed. But then, I could play the file with another m-player.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                        X