CTRL + ALT -- This toggles me out of Fullscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTRL + ALT -- This toggles me out of Fullscreen

In Irfanview Fullscreen, ALT +CTRL toggles me out of Fullscreen.

I don't see this documented and it makes me sad because I don't need it (since ENTER toggles me out of Fullscreen). Additionally, it interferes with all my Autohotkey ALT + CTRL + xxx hotkeys.

I have confirmed that this is not related to any AHK hotkeys by closing all my AHK scripts. I am running Win 7 Pro. Irfanfiew is 4.38.

Is Windows doing this or is there a way to disable it?

thx

Joe P.

Try pressing the Alt key first, then Ctrl + your AHK shortcut.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

you are correct.

But, then is there still not a problem?

a. this is not documented

b. why have CTRL + ALT toggle out of fullscreen when we have ENTER?

c. I have found no other software that respects the sequence of hotkey usage.

Comment

Originally posted by joefiesta View Post
        But, then is there still not a problem?
        Only in remembering to press Alt first.
        a. this is not documented
        Even if it were, many do not read the help file carefully. It's a trick that I learn from many years of using computers.
        b. why have CTRL + ALT toggle out of fullscreen when we have ENTER?
        The intention is to make it easy to exit fullscreen mode by pressing any key.
        c. I have found no other software that respects the sequence of hotkey usage.
        I have. It's called Notepad. Pressing Alt on its own focuses the menu, pressing it again, focuses the document. Pressing Alt+F opens the File menu. Pressing Alt, then F, also opens the file menu.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You may have noticed that Irfanview tries hard to prevent you from closing the program down direct from Fullscreen. Even if you press Ctrl+F4, which usually closes a program down immediately, the first press in Irfanview takes you back to normal window view and you have to press it again before you close the program. I imagine it will probably be something connected with saving settings or warning about unsaved image changes.

So FWIW my guess is that Irfanview is trying to prevent you from exiting direct from Fullscreen when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

Comment

Working...
          X