• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Filename of Screen Captures

##_%d-%m-%y resulted in saving captured filename as: 13_%d-%m-%y.jpg

Even when I remove ##_ the result is: %d-%m-%y.jpg

At one time the result would have been: (I name this end)_18-01-18.jpg

But now it has changed and the options selected are not recognized.

The problem wasn't (Toolbar Zoom Box strange characters). I'm not using the default Save captured Image as file default.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.01.2018, 06:15 AM.

With this filename pattern: capture_###_$U(%d%m%Y_%H%M%S)

The file is saved with the name: capture_001_27012018_061923

This seems to be as expected, i.e. 27 th Jan 2018 @ 06 h 19 min 23 sec
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes perhaps the default but I did not wish to use the default like yours.

That does work, but not the way I entered the options.

capture_005_27012018_005101
      Click image for larger version

Name:	works capture_005_27012018_005101.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	83035
      Last edited by WireGasMizer; 27.01.2018, 06:53 AM. Reason: captured result suggested

Comment

Then why do you use the number codes ## ?

If you want "name this end" then the filename pattern would be: name this end_$U(%d%m%Y_%H%M%S)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Because a number ## allows filename adding not overwriting the next following capture and I want dashes between %m %d %y to end each filename.

If I had ##'s following %m %d %y at the end of the filename it would be better, most of the time these filenames are contained in a folder so I don't have to add the name of it to each filename, results when I saw them without using properties cause a lot of files online are PNG without any File Information in the properties and I have to convert every PNG to a JPG to have properties to add info descriptions about the file. Comes in handy on Twitter.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.01.2018, 08:37 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

Your chosen options has merit, I switched around those in capture_###_$U(%d%m%Y_%H%M%S) to capture_$U(%d-%m-%Y)_### and it resulted in capturing as defined in the command line. Gosh I believe you have solved irfanview temper tamp-drum. capture_27-01-2018_016.jpg is my result name & extension I love is JPG.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.01.2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X