Memory Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Problem

I liked old printers, I had an Epson I used the command line to send txt to it using Escape Code then when I got a HP I used CTRL Codes to print, I even printed images using the command line. But when the new printers started appearing I lost interest in using the command line. Now I got problems with windows which drops from reading the files each time I save another esp using irfanview. I do not know what makes windows system to stop re-reading the save-to folder with each save and I have to do a manual refresh to see where I have gotten to esp when I read Twitter and save captures. One way that worked a few times was to log out then log back into windows that refreshed windows. Now it don't, might be due to the browser, I think Mozilla chopped up Firefox into separate portions so not to use up system memory relying more on javascript and json files for embedded pictures. Microsoft is catching up and with Firefox Quantum the speed has increased tremendously. Firefox had been accessing L2VPN.exe twice and making Firefox run at more than 1.2 GB and that was consuming my memory slowing down the system sometimes entirely halting Firefox or windows or everything shutdown. Once I ran Task Manager and learned what was consuming memory I got that much figured out and halted L2VPN.exe largest consumption then I restarted. That was my fix but I hated closing all the windows I was running a maximum of only four, Twitter would consume a lot of memory because of using irfanview as its imager display. I was hoping irfanview would detect that by some member of the forum reporting it but I guess no one ever did or irfanview would have made a improvement and my problem with windows explorer would be ended. I saw a explorer version on the links page and I don't know what it does but maybe I will look into that. I do not use VPN but I do not know how many users of twitter does or if that would have an affect on L2VPN. So here I am browsing around seeking whatever I can find that might solve some problem that inadvertently could affect the memory consumption and I want to diminish that issue entirely. Thanks for responding to my irfanview issues.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.01.2018, 09:53 AM. Reason: Moved to support forum

If you want support from other forum members, I suggest posting in the right place instead of bumping any old thread that seems evenly vaguely relevant.

Edit your post to focus on the actual issue that you need help with. It is hard to know what the problem is from a long rambling post.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X