Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Save to Same Folder

Hi,
    I use Irfanview very often, for basic stuff like cropping, converting, rotating etc.

99% of the time, when I open an image, I want to save it over the existing image, and it has struck me that I am having to navigate to find the folder which contains the current image, which takes unnecessary time.
    It would be a very good time saver if by default I could be automatically routed to the folder containing the current image so when I Save As... I can simply press enter and overwrite, or change the name if I want.

This would make my life a whole lot easier!
    Thanks,
    Mark.

Use Save (Original folder) Ctrl+S, instead of Save As..

It is designed that way since many versions to make it harder to overwrite files unless you really mean to.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Use Save (Original folder) Ctrl+S, instead of Save As..

It is designed that way since many versions to make it harder to overwrite files unless you really mean to.
      AAH, that works great!. Sheesh, I have been pressing S for years!!
      Thanks.
      Mark.

Comment

IrfanView is old, and a little different to most modern apps.

It has some quirky features, but they have been tried and tested over decades by millions of users.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Open: Options, File Handling, Save / Rename:..

Display 'Save'-Dialog for 'File->Save' menu
          Ask to overwrite file for 'Save' and 'Save as' menu
          Ask to rename if incorrect extension
          Don't change list index of the file after file renaming

Comment

Working...
          X