Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug commandline /slideshow=C:\TEMP\playlist1155.txt

In a cmd window I submit the following command:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" " /slideshow=C:\TEMP\playlist1155.txt "
    This results in a pop up Window:
    C:\TEMP\playlist1155.txt:
    Kann Dateiheader nicht lesen
    However ignoring the warning (ok Button pressed) the program continues normally and displays the pictures requested.
    I suspect this is a bug.
    For completeness I attach the file playlist1155.txt.
    Problem is also showing up when other jpgs are listed in the slideshow file.
    Unfortunately I had posted a similar thread in support a week ago without getting any reply.
    Environment is Windows 7, SP 1, Irfanview 4.50.

Beeing a little bit frustrated that the bug is not even confirmed, I am looking around for a bypass.
    Somewhere on my laptop I found a several years old version 4.38 of irfanview. It works for me :-)

Nevertheless I would really be pleased to see this bug corrected in an uptodate version. The old version always uses fullscreen for the slideshow, the window option is ignored. This effectively prevents running two slideshows in parallel which is useful for me.
    I use the slideshows to display the pictures associated with an object in a museum when maintaining the archive.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hkh; 20.03.2018, 11:32 AM. Reason: bypass with old version is not really perfect

Hi,

try this:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#3E3E3E]C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /slideshow=C:\TEMP\playlist1155.txt[/COLOR]
    without the qoutations around the slideshow parameter.

I have checked with 4.51 and can't find or reproduce this error.

It is important to have the complete path for the slideshow text file.

Regards
    Nils

Comment

First of all - Thank You Nils.
      I tried 4.51 with quotes removed - it works fine. I can reproduce the error if the quotes are around the string. The error message is avoided when the quotes are omitted. Maybe parsing the command string in irfanview could be a little bit more permissive.
      I think this thread should be marked resolved, no bug.
      Now I was encouraged to test again. Suggested improvement will be the subject of another thread (irfanview main window shows up in slideshow)

Comment

Working...
      X