Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Process i_view32.exe hangs

Hello,

we are using Irfanview for converting and rotating about 1.000 TIFF images each day. We are calling the i_view32.exe via Java process. But from time to time the windows process "i_view32.exe" keeps hanging. This occurs once or twice a day. So we have to kill this process manually.

Is this a known problem? How can we avoid this?

Thanks and best regards,
    Konrad

It is not a problem known to me or that I remember being reported on the forum.

I have never done precisely what you are doing but I have handled large numbers of images with a Visual basic script where the Irfanview command line opened each in turn extracted all the Image properties and Exif data and stored all the values in a CSV file which could later be converted into an Excel database. I had no "/convert" option in the command line, so the images are never shown, and the option in the VBScript "Run" command to wait for each Irfanview file to close before trying to open another was set. It ran flawlessly through every image in my Pictures folders which must have been well over 1000. I did not use the /silent option in the command line to ignore load and save errors either, there was no need to.
    Last edited by Mij; 23.02.2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Try the free and OpenSource program GraphicsMagick :-D
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.02.2018, 02:30 PM.
      IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

Perhaps also try the 64-bit version of IrfanView for this.
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

ok, I will try GraphicsMagick now. I will let you know the result.

Thanks for the hint!

Comment

It seems that GraphicsMagick works better than IrfanView regarding this issue. I've got no problem anymore.

BR,
            Konrad

Comment

Working...
            X