Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help wanted with Perspective plug in

Hi Guys

This should be easy but it ain't! I'm struggling to load the Perspective plugin but it isn't working. The full \Adobe8bf\ file location matches the folder requirement but the only plugins located in the folder and that load are \HarrysFilters.8bf and \PopArt.8bf. These may be already installed in the basic programme suite - I dont know. Any ideas gratefully received.

Try updating to the latest version, which is now 4.51.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Try updating to the latest version, which is now 4.51.
      Hi

Thanks for the that. I have updated with latest version 4.51, but perspectives still not available. When I download plugin I see a message "Installation successful" but when I try to open the plugin I see a message that the perspectives extension can't be found.

Comment

From the IrfanView Site:

• Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:
        • Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
        • Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
        • Needs less disc space
        • All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
        • Some old 32-bit PlugIns (like RIOT and Adobe 8BF PlugIn) work only in compatibilty mode in IrfanView-64
        • Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu

I'm running 32 bit version but still not picking up perspective transformations plug in. Is this a frequent problem or should I get a tecky into help me?

Comment

Install in C:\Program Files (86)\IrfanView

and in C:\Program Files\IrfanView

Click image for larger version

Name:	Perspective Plugin.png
Views:	1
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	83067
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.02.2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
              Hi Guys

This should be easy but it ain't! I'm struggling to load the Perspective plugin but it isn't working. The full \Adobe8bf\ file location matches the folder requirement but the only plugins located in the folder and that load are \HarrysFilters.8bf and \PopArt.8bf. These may be already installed in the basic programme suite - I dont know. Any ideas gratefully received.
              Are you sure you are looking in the right place? The Perspective plugin, and others, are not installed in the Adobe8bf folder (with HarrysFilters and PopArt). Since Irfanview v4.37 (32 bit version) they are installed as fixed filters and are opened directly from the image menu (see attachment below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Perspective.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	83069

Afterthought: The perspective plugin and others are still available to download from Martin Vicanek's website and put in the Adobe 8bf folder if you prefer. You do also get helpful information on how to use them if you take that route.
              Last edited by Mij; 03.03.2018, 11:32 AM. Reason: Afterthought added

Comment

Working...
              X