Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set default file name for saving pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set default file name for saving pictures?

Hi!

I dream of this: {current date} {current time}.jpg/png eg. 2018.02.28 13:13:51.jpg ?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.03.2018, 07:00 AM. Reason: Testing signature
    There are 10 kind of people: those who know binary code, and those who don't.

Look at the dialogue. Check the help file for details of the various parameters that can be used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cpature Settings.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	83066
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Oops!
      My mistake.
      I wanted simplify but finally complicated the matter.

Let's say this way: I have picture in clipboard, past in Ifw ( ctrl+V ), press key "S" and in filename line have prepared: ( {current date} {current time}.jpg/png eg. 2018.02.28 13:13:51.jpg ), which, of course, I can change, or not only simply push "OK".

Yes, that's it.

Where/how can I accomplish and set this?

Edit---
      I do not know who will do it ( change thread name ) but thanks.
      Last edited by Kowa1; 28.02.2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Try FastStone Capture that will save files to disk directly by pressing PrintScreen. File patterns are similar. Version 5.3 is freeware. Added benefit is that you don't need to open IrfanView as FastStone sits in RAM waiting to be called into action.

I don't see any easy way to do the same in IrfanView. Saving files pasted from the clipboard will be named Clipboard 01, Clipboard 02, etc., but if you need a time stamp, using the Capture feature is the only way. Batch operations to rename Capture 01 etc., won't work either. Printscreen, Paste, Capture might work but it is very awkward to use.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

In mine Irfan is "Schowek01"

Thank You but I prefer Irfan with "his" abbilities in many other options, pity, not this and scrolling.
          Other way I use ScreenHunter where I can set right automatic name of file ( remind: current date and time ) and even insert this in picture.

PS
          How I can turn of auto-save !?

Comment

Working...
          X