Give Fullscreen Window a Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Give Fullscreen Window a Title

Right now, FullScreen mode presents a Windows window which has no title. Even though the window's title would not be viewable, if it had a title--just the same as a non-fullscreen window (i.e. the file's path)--I could discern the tile (I just AutoHotkey for that). That would allow me to programatically act on a Irfanview fullscreen window while employing the file's path info.

This is normally not a problem when going from Non-fullscreen to fullscreen. I still know the title. The problem occurs when scrolling through the directory image files while remaining in fullscreen.

As an aside: this could cause MINOR problems for some (probably very, very few) people. I for one currently use the fact that the window title is BLANK as one of the criteria in determining that the active window is Irfanview Fullscreen.

And, of course, I not talking about displaying the title on top of the picture in the window. That doesn't help me and I know all about that.

Thank you
    Joe P.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 01.03.2018, 07:13 PM.

Originally posted by joefiesta View Post
    And, of course, I not talking about displaying the title on top of the picture in the window. That doesn't help me and I know all about that.
    Joe P.
    So, if you do not want the title on top of the picture, where do you want it? If you just occasionally want to see the path and name of the file, you could press hotkey I to display the information dialog, then ESC to close it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      So, if you do not want the title on top of the picture, where do you want it? If you just occasionally want to see the path and name of the file, you could press hotkey I to display the information dialog, then ESC to close it again.
      You are missing my point. I said "I am not talking about displaying the title on top of the picture in the window. That doesn't help me and I know all about that."

I am talking about giving the window a title, which, normally appears in the Title Bar. Even when the title bar is not visible, a window can still have a title. I don't need to be able to SEE the title. I don't want to SEE the title. I just want it to be. Then, I can programmatically learn the title, and thus the picture's fileid.

Comment

Sorry, windows do not have titles! Files have titles and it is the name of the file in which the image is saved that appears in what the program author refers to as the Caption bar at the top of the window when that is being displayed. That file title always exists though whatever display mode is in use.

Comment

Okay. By "The title of a window" I meant — yes, I was not 100% precise — the information Windows displays in the caption bar.

1. a) When not in fullscreen mode and (b) running Windows 7, the full path of the file appears in the caption bar of IrfanView.

2. When in fullscreen mode, there is no caption bar. It's not suppressed. It doesn't exist. There is no law that says a GUI must have a caption bar. However, that GUI window still has a title. (In the case of IrfanView is hasn't been set, however, by the program that created the window). IrfanView creates it's fullscreen GUI (window). Windows does not have any native functions for showing such "fullscreen" views. It has Maximize, Restore and Minimize. That's about it.

In case 2, as far as I know, Windows has no means of displaying the title of a fullscreen window. You can however, query that title (a) by writing your own call to some (I'm not sure which) windows service or DLL or whatever or (b) use another piece of software to get the title.

I do (b). The software is Autohotkey. It lets me automate things, define hotkeys, etc. It is extremely powerful. So, one thing it does is let me query the title of a window. That's how I get the name of the file being viewed in IrfanView.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.03.2018, 08:24 PM. Reason: Removed caps lock

Comment

Working...
          X