How to adjust the text angles of scanned documents / Texte geraderichten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to adjust the text angles of scanned documents / Texte geraderichten

How to adjust the text angles of scanned documents?
    How do you do that for a bunch of documents in praxi?
    Background: The adjustment improves the OCR detection rate.

Wie richtet man Texte eingescannter Dokumente aus?
    Wie macht Ihr das bei einem ganzen Stapel eingescannter Dokumente in der Praxis?
    Hintergrund: Die Geraderichtung erhöht die OCR-Erkennungsrate.

Zur OCR verwende ich bevorzugt Tesseract, weil es prima im Batch-Modus funktioniert.

Thanks for your time. Best,
    Panther

Assuming that a multipaged scanned document is likely to have to text misaligned differently on every page, the only way is to the use the Straighten Tool of the IrfanPaint Plugin on each page.

If the angle is consistently wrong, then you can use a batch process to apply a custom fine rotation.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry, you are always putting me in the rain ...

Where is a straiten tool? You do not mean [Ctrl-U] "Custom/Fine rotation"?
      And, of course, I meant single page graphics.

Panther

Comment

Open the IrfanPaint Plugin with F12. The Straighten tool is on its toolbar.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Okay, found.

Thank you. It may be better than measuring and working with "Custom/Fine rotation" ([Ctrl-U]), but I would have to use the buggy paint tool (freezes IrfanView) and I hoped someone could tell me an alternative software. The commercial and pretty expensive Abbyy Finereader has a function built in to adjust a text graphics automatically before the OCR process. Finereader has also another disadvantage.

What software could be used for straightening text graphics automatically, best by batch?

Panther

BTW: This function may be named "deskew"/"de-skew".
          Last edited by Panther; 03.03.2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Save a whole batch of images to a PDF file, then run it through PDF-XChange (the free version will do this)

Comment

Sorry, but that is nonsense. What is "run it through PDF-XChange"? It can only turn pages in whole 90 deg. portions, and you have to choose them manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther View Post
                Sorry, but that is nonsense.
                I won't waste any more of my time then. If you follow the link you can figure it out for yourself.

Comment

Working...
                X