Cropping after rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Cropping after rotation

In previous versions of IrfanView a cropping suggestion was automatically provided after using fine rotation. I suppose it resulted from a setting option, but I am not able to find it in the various menus. Has it been discontinued? Thanks!

Bosc

I would expect to find it on the Custom Rotation dialogue. I don't see it there.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Are you perhaps thinking of the Perspective Transformations 8bf filter (Image > Adobe 8bf Plugins > Perspective Transformations)?
      If you rotate the image there by adjusting the Rotate slider you can then set Crop to Auto > Apply.

Comment

Hi Mij, thanks for the suggestion, but it's not what I was looking for. After a lot of gazing at the various menus, and trying to understand what the labels meant, I finally found the setting I wanted. As Bhikkhu suggested, it is in the Custom rotation dialogue (Custom/Fine rotation under tab Image) and it's called "Select best old image in the result image". When it's on, it draws yellow guide lines on the rotated picture that you can use for cropping with one click, instead of having to to do it manually. I find it extremely useful because I'm constantly using fine rotation.

Comment

Working...
        X