Filters Unlimited: only preview available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filters Unlimited: only preview available

I'm on Windows 10, 32 bit. IrfanView version is 4.51. I have installed Filters Unlimited 3.20 as plugin and Filters Unlimited by I.C.Net - demo version 2.0.
    I'm rather new to IV, however I think I followed exactly the installation advice. The plugin works, and filters are shown. But when I try to apply a filter to an image, the notice appears: only preview available in demo version of filters unlimited. I can only close the interface, then.

This complies with the "Readme" of Filters unlimited 2.0, but I thought that IV would only use the interface as a sort of tool. Purchasing the full version of Filters unlimited 2.0 is impossible, as I.C.Net has obviously stopped the support of the tool.

But I'm mainly interested to make the plugin work with the demo version as installed; the respective "Readme" seems to have no problem with this version.

I didn't find any thread for this problem.

AFAIK the Irfanview Filter Factory plugin once installed enables you to apply most of the collections of filters created by the Filter Factory program. If your version of Filters Unlimited is only a demo version though then it will be that which limits what can be shown not the Irfanview plugin.

I have looked at FF collections in the past but the prices being asked have usually been more than I have been prepared to pay. I cannot remember if Filters Unlimited was one that I tried. This discussion suggests you use the Filter Galaxy collection in place of Filters Unlimited. That does claim to still be usable with Irfanview but the asking price for it is certainly more than I would be prepared to pay for what it offers me.

Comment

Thank you! What was irritating to me was that the "Readme" of the plugin suggests either to install the full or the demo-version of Filtersunlimited, such as the effects in IV were the same, i. e. without any restrictions. It is, however, strange to me that obviously few people can tell about their experiences with the plugin. I shall see whether there are alternatives, such as .8bf filters.

Comment

The 8bf format is getting a bit dated nowadays. Most of those I use are available only as 32 bit versions and show no sign of being offered in 64 bit format. What sort of effects are you looking for?
        Last edited by Mij; 16.03.2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

No special items. I'm just looking how to enlarge the possibilities of my IV, and have been astonished so far as how much options are available. But, of course, when I install a plugin, I would like to have it work.
          I had a look at Mehdi plugins, and it seems they are really great.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonatus View Post
            I had a look at Mehdi plugins, and it seems they are really great.
            Yes, that does seem to be a site where the author still supports their work.

Comment

Working...
            X