Print Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print Problem

When I print a photo/image/picture with my photo printer (FUJIFILM ASK-300), it will always print one more blank photo. why?

I tried ...
    Printer : FUJIFILM ASK-300
    Software : IrfanView
    Number of copies : 1
    Result : print out 2 photos , the second photo is blank

Printer : My Office Printer
    Result : print out 1 photo , no problem

Number of copies : 2
    Result : print out 2 photos , no problem(no blank photo)

Software : Microsoft Paint
    Result : print out 1 photo , no problem

And all printed results have shifted slightly, leaving a small number of places not printed. Is this phenomenon likely to cause problems?

This is the setting (image):

Click image for larger version

Name:	print setting 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	85099

Orginal Image (Image):

Print Result (Image):

# left-side of the photo is not printed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>Edit - - - (Test setting : Remove {Headers} & {Footers} , checked {No overflow on page} , unchecked {Borderless printing} , Use {Custom Size}) :
    Print Setting : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cz...LZ2-bHF2XHe6GF
    Print Result : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i6...zeKQPWkBXRRe5q
    Result : print out 2 photos , the second photo is blank
    Last edited by MMJASONLI; 16.03.2018, 02:40 AM. Reason: Test New Setting

The resulting image size on paper seems to be bigger than 6"x4"

Try removing the headers and footers.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The Help file says: The option borderless printing will extend the image over the paper's un-printable area (depends on the printer). This option can be very useful if you print scanned papers. The option No overflow on page will reduce the image width/height if they exceed the paper size.

So I suggest you follow its advice and always check the No overflow ... option whenever you use borderless printing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        The resulting image size on paper seems to be bigger than 6"x4"

Try removing the headers and footers.
        Removed Headers and Footers. And change other setting too https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cz...LZ2-bHF2XHe6GF

It still print out 2 photos and the second one was blank

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          The Help file says: The option borderless printing will extend the image over the paper's un-printable area (depends on the printer). This option can be very useful if you print scanned papers. The option No overflow on page will reduce the image width/height if they exceed the paper size.

So I suggest you follow its advice and always check the No overflow ... option whenever you use borderless printing.
          Unchecked "Borderless" , checked "No overflow on page" And change other setting too https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cz...LZ2-bHF2XHe6GF

It still print out 2 photos and the second one was blank.

Comment

If you go through the menus (try print configuration), most printers (5x7 photo printer reviews) have the ability to print a test page from the printer. If that works, the printer is perfect and your driver is hung up with something. It might be a weak USB cable as well. If that doesn't work, the printer can be hosed down. To see if it makes a difference, you might try reseating the ink cartridges (taking them out and putting them back in).

If it is broken, I'd highly recommend replacing it with a black and white laser. Initially, they are not any more costly, but they last a LOT longer.
            Last edited by Areba21; 15.12.2020, 02:41 PM.
            My Life My Style

Comment

Working...
            X