UAC problem with Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UAC problem with Windows 10

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I also would like to know if others are seeing the same problem. I was unable to find UAC problems in the FAQ or elsewhere on the forum but that seems odd since I've found a few with internet searches -- but no solution to my problem.

I'm an IrfanView user for many years. I just installed IV on a Windows 10 machine and it works fine. I was able to setup IV as default photo file viewer in Control Panel. When I open a jpeg it asks for UAC approval ("Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?") then if I click on another jpeg, even if I haven't closed the first, the UAC popup is there again, and for every jpeg I click. I don't have 'only 1 instance of irfanview at a time' checked but it happens similarly if I do.

I don't remember ever having had this problem before. What am I doing wrong? Is there an Irfanview setting I can change? Is there a Windows workaround? I should be able to open IV without UAC popping up, even for the first instance.

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Blaze

Where are the images that you're opening? Perhaps the folder is protected?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hmm. So that means this is not common and also that no obvious fix pops into your head.

No protected folders of any kind on this computer. They are just .jpg's in a folder.

Is there a "best way" to make IrfanView the default photo viewer on Win10?

Thanks for any thoughts . . .

Comment

If any file type is not opening in IrfanView, I usually follow the Right-click, Open With, Always use this program, route.

Control Panel can also be used to choose default applications by file types.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank You for your Kind Help!

Comment

Did you manage to fix the issue?

Comment

Working...
            X