PAINT.DLL Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAINT.DLL Missing

Hi, the latest plugins 4.50 and 4.51 dont have the paint.dll with them.
    When pressing F12 I get:

Can't load PAINT.DLL Please install Plugins from Irfanview homepage

I have installed 4.50 and yesterday I installed 4.51 but to no avail and the zip archive doesn't contain the PAINT.DLL
    Last edited by qimash; 21.03.2018, 10:35 AM. Reason: Info about version added

The Plugins have to be installed separately.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I know i am using irfanview since many years.
      i have unzipped the plugins to the plugins-directory. And I have checked the contents of the zip file. There is no paint.dll included.

Comment

I see the Paint.dll plugin, but it's in the IrfanView Setup.exe I also see one in iview451_x64_setup.exe

Click image for larger version

Name:	IrfanView Setup.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	83075

On the Plugins page it says:

Note: A normal IrfanView version includes the following (most important) PlugIns: Effects, Paint, Icons, Slideshow-EXE, RegionCapture, JPG-Transform, Video, Metadata, Tools.

I just noticed that you're using a Linux distribution. Maybe that has something to do with it? The Paint plugin works for me in 32-bit and 64-bit. The 64-bit Paint.dll is 632 Kb, which is much bigger than the 32-bit version.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.03.2018, 01:06 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ok, I had to install it new into another directory and now paont works. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I am still using IrfanView 4.54 (32-Bit) in Windows. As I just found a newer Paint-Plugin-DLL I copied it into the plugins-folder - after having renamed the existing one there to *.old.
            I restarted IrfanView but when invoking the plugin (F12) I get the error message "Can't load PAINT.DLL ..."

These are the corresponding DLLs:
            old one version 0.4.13.53 size 267.776 B (UPX packed)
            new one version ß0.4.13.70 size 404.480 B (not packed, as from the author's site)

Of course I also activated and deactivated the plugins via the "installed plugins" menue.

Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

Greetings,
            P.

Comment

I get the same results as you from the Beta version.

The version from Matteo's site seems to be much older (modified July 2010).

The version numbers are misleading.

I have version 0.4.13.35 (modified September 2020), which is installed from iview454_setup.exe.

Comment

The latest versions of paint.dll for IrfanView 32bit and 64bit are 0.4.13.55. They can be downloaded from https://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm .
                There are also other updates for plugins.
                Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
                Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Thank you! That solution with version 0.4.13.55 worked für IrfanView 4.54 (32-Bit).

Comment

Hallo,
                    Still missing PAINT.DLL after installation of IRFANVIEW 64-bit 4.60. Message: (xlated from german): could not load PAINT.DLL.
                    I Installed 64-bit plugins. PAINT.DLL is not included. It's also missing in the zipfile.
                    Does anybody have a solution?
                    Thanks in advance
                    regards Skues

Comment

Paint.dll is found in iview460_x64_setup.exe, it is one of the standard plugins installed with IrfanView.

Comment

Working...
                      X