Stretch images to window or desktop size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Stretch images to window or desktop size

Hello, I have tried in vain to find the (IMHO obvious) option to stretch every image to window or desktop size - ignoring the aspect ratio - when stepping through a folder. I am working a lot with audio spectrogram graphics that come in all shapes and sizes depending on the bandwith and length of input. "Fit to width" or "Fit to height" is not really a good option, since images with an extreme aspect ratio (like 10:1 or 1:10) will either be reduced in size so much that you cannot see any details, or will get a scrollbar in one direction, i.e. only a fraction of the picture is shown at a time. A special problem in my work is that there's a lot of pairs or multiples of graphics with the same content, but different aspect ratio, and it is almost impossible to recognize these as duplicates unless you stretch them to identical aspect ratio first.

Of course I can set up IView to resize/resample the images, but unless I have the batch processing save them into another folder, that will destroy the originals (which are needed in their original shape for other processing/analyzing steps). And making thousands of resized "dummy" pictures just for finding groups of duplicates (which then cannot be automatically "weeded out" because deleting them will NOT delete the corresponding originals in the other folder!) seems a very ineffective way to work.

I am still hoping that the "stretched" view is a functioning option, maybe somewhat hidden from the everyday user as it is an unpleasant thing when looking at real-life photos? Or maybe there's a workaround/script/add-on to coax Irfanview into doing this? Unless that is taboo in this forum, I should also be happy for hints to other software that does what I need. Thanks for your help.

Chris

The option is available only in fullscreen mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fullscreen Options.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	83076
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Works like a charm! Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X