Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested irfanview main window shows up in slideshow - please hide

I start slideshow with a commandscript
    e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /slideshow=C:/TEMP/playlist0365.txt /closeslideshow /window=(0,0,800,600)

I am using irfanview 4.51 on a MS-Windows7 laptop
    I expect the slideshow to start and nothing else. However I also get a window which looks like the main window of irfanview which I can move around my screen but which doesn't have input focus and which is always behind the window associated with the slideshow. In this additional window a picture part of the slideshow shows up sometimes, but not always.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Slideshow_with_addedMainwindow.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	85102
    In this screenshot you can see a slideshow window displaying Ffl0003.tif (2/2) which is second image in a show comprising two pictures. However you can also see a partially visible irfanview main window named Ffl0003.tif. Moreover you can also see a corresponding main window named Ffl0007-2.tif associated with another slideshow for pictures Ffl0007* which is running in parallel.
    Above screenshot was taken after invoking the slideshow command from within Excel. It shows up similarily when inveked from Calc. It is slightly different when invoking the command from a cmd-window. Then at a first glance only the slideshow window is visible. However after switching to the process of the desired slideshow (using Alt-Tab) the slideshow comes into view together with its background irfanview main window.

I would be pleased to hear that there is already some option to hide those additional windows.
    Last edited by hkh; 28.03.2018, 07:31 PM. Reason: misplace blank in commandstring removed

As I understand it that " /window=(0,0,800,600)" option is only supposed to be used when running EXE slideshows (standalone slideshows saved using the "Save slideshow as EXE/SCR" button from the Slideshow dialog) not on shows run from a Command line or Script.

When running Command lines you should set the window size you want in the Slideshow dialog and then close Irfanview. That setting is saved in the i_view32.ini file and used by Irfanview during your show.
    Last edited by Mij; 28.03.2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I use slideshow to associate some pictures with lines in a spreadsheet. The cursor is placed somewhere in a line, then I press some assigned key combination e. g. ALT-P to start a makro that selects all the pictures associated with the Object and starts slideshow to make these visible. My spreadsheet holds descriptive and administrative data for objects in an archive, one line per object. There is no room for a lengthy option selection in some panel - just show me the object. Two slideshows are used when I compare objects.
      The slideshow is good for me because it is configured to comprise all the pictures available for one object. The fixed screen position specified by /window is good for viewing one object, one picture at a time. However for comparing two objects I would like to be able to place pictures side by side which is not possible right now for me. the additional windows that show up are just cluddering my desktop and make it difficult to work. The laptop's screen is so small...
      Last edited by hkh; 29.03.2018, 08:57 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
      X