Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove/reduce borders around pictures in contact sheets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved How to remove/reduce borders around pictures in contact sheets?

How to remove/reduce borders around pictures in contact sheets?

I know how to create contact sheets, but I can't seem to find out how
    to remove the borders around each picture. I am making a contact sheet of
    9 pictures, 3 rows by 3 columns. I would like all the pictures to have no thumbnail
    spacing between them...so that they are all touching each other.

I have the 'Thumbnail spacing' Horizonal and Vertical and 'Margins' all set to 0's.
    Columns:3, and Rows:3.

Is there another setting I need to change?

Thanks!

I needed to do the same thing… and found no way to have IrfanView do it on its own.

I had to create the contact sheet, and then manually remove the strips between each row through Edit > Remove/Insert Strip

What did we miss?

Comment

You need to calculate the contact sheet size to fit the pictures. For example, to fit 2 columns and 4 rows of images with dimension of 512x468 pixels without any gaps, the contact sheet size needs to be 1024x1872 pixels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Contact Sheet.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	83320
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

I suggest adding this feature to IrfanView, so users don't have to compute it themselves (and possibly resize pics if the contact sheet uses too much memory.)

Comment

Would the suggested solution also solve my problem of not being able to control the placement of filename labels (need them directly beneath the photo they're labeling, but separated from the photo beneath).

Aiming for a single column of 2 photos per page.

Comment

Working...
          X