Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfan not closed

Hi all
    I am using irfan view from oracle developer 6i. It works fine except automatic closing although I used /killmesoftly parameter.
    Have any one an idea.
    the command is as follows:
    host ('"C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe" /killmesoftly /scanhidden /batchscan=(1,1,1,5,0,c:\temp,jpg,1) ');
    Regards

I do not think there is any point in adding other options after /killmesoftly. Killmesoftly rounds up all copies or instances of Irfanview currently running and closes all of them as soon as the command line is read, so there is nothing left to scanhidden or batchscan with.

You now also have the /cmdexit option available. That will let the other options you have selected be carried out using the currently active copy of Irfanview before closing it down.

Comment

Thanks
      But the problem as it is. I tested many times even using DOS prompt, but the process stays in the memory so I can not run it again. I want the process to be killed.
      windows 10 - 64 bit
      irfanView 32
      Thanks

Comment

I suspect that the reason that nobody else has tried to respond to your first post is that, like me, they have no knowledge of what this "Oracle developer 6i" can do and can only guess at how you might be using it in conjunction with Irfanview. When you say that "it works fine" do you mean that Irfanview successfully scans data from a batch of files and that data is then correctly entered into an Oracle database? Is it the Irfanview process that does not close or the code that you created to open it.

Your later post saying you have tested it using a DOS prompt might allow someone to offer help if you explained more clearly how you are using that. Is data still being transferred somewhere in this test, and how do you test what processes have closed and what remains open?

Comment

It scans the documents and store them on the disk, but freezes so can NOT go back to the program to store the pictures into the database. Process not ends.
          Thanks

Comment

I have the same problem, and I found three threads on this forum about i_view.exe process not being able to close after /batchscan command.
            Oracle developer 6i has nothing to do with this. I get the same result running a command from Autoit:

Code:
            ShellExecute($irfan,"/scanhidden /dpi=(300,300) /batchscan=("&$destfilename&"_,1,1,2,1,"&$destfolder&",jpg,0)")
            Files are saved just fine, but the i_view.exe process keeps running.
            So I can't track whether the scanning complete or not.

For me it looks like a bug.

Comment

Working...
            X