Confirmed Problem in "Space" & "Backspace"

Re-installed 4,51 32 Bit today

"Space" & "Backspace" keys not working
    Click image for larger version

Name:	I-View--4.51_Space-Problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	85111
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.04.2018, 06:08 AM.

Please post in the right forum

I can confirm the behaviour for Backspace, but not for Space.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Both working fine for me. Is this yet another 64 bit problem?

Comment

Neither 32-bit nor 64-bit work for me. Backspace is fine until coming to the last image, when the dialogue opens, then backspace does nothing. One might expect it to continue scrolling the current folder. Use space instead and that works fine.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Please post in the right forum

I can confirm the behaviour for Backspace, but not for Space.
          Regards
          I have resoved it by clicking in the point "Remember the last Window /size ...."
          in "Viewing" Tag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Irfanview-''Space'' & ''Back-Space''-Keys-Function.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	83090Click image for larger version

Name:	I-View--4.51_Space-Problem.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	83091.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.04.2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haajee View Post
            Regards
            I have resoved it by clicking in the point "Remember the last Window /size ...."
            in "Viewing" Tag.
            That makes no difference for me. It was already checked, and unchecking it did not change the behaviour of Backspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              Neither 32-bit nor 64-bit work for me. Backspace is fine until coming to the last image, when the dialogue opens, then backspace does nothing. One might expect it to continue scrolling the current folder. Use space instead and that works fine.
              With "Space"

At the end when reaches the last picture & dialogue comes press "Esc" to start back-ward with "Backspace"

& here also on dailoge you have to press Esc to start FWD scrolling with space.

This is the Normal way of viewing the pictures in step of 1 by 1 used in Slideshows & am proud of i'view have not in any window picture Apps like Paint etc and also 3rd party I have ever used before Irfan View.

Regards
              Last edited by Haajee; 10.04.2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm new here...for me nothing above written helps with this...what is really strange that until some days ago it has been working! Never seen this problem yet...I was pondering if it is related to my Win10 problems (recently had some blue deaths).
                Tried to fix it by deleting the ini file but no help.

So what can be the root cause of this??

Regards,
                Robert (brobi69)

UPDATE: Fixed by deleting the ini file from my user profile folder. The one which sits in the Prog Files IV folder I left intact. Then restarted the app and voilá - working. (I've checked and the prog recreated the ini file in the profile).
                I'm curious if it is a final resolution, however.

All the best,
                Robert
                Last edited by brobi69; 24.06.2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X