fpx Kodak FlashPix not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug fpx Kodak FlashPix not working

I can't get my old fpx photos to open today. I get a black screen that seems to resize as I go through the file folder. I recently updated to the latest 32 bit version with the 32 bit plugins. Anyone else having this problem or have any comments?

Check installed plugins from the help menu to see if the plugin is installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FkahPix plugin.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	83092

Zip a few FlashPix and attach them to your post for us to test.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.04.2018, 10:31 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Try these, I don't know what they are since I can no longer see them.
      P0001410.zipP0001411.zip

Comment

And I do have FPX.DDL ver 4.48 in my plugIns

Comment

​They are just black here too.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

They open normally on my laptop at home that has not been updated and has version 4.33 on it. And to be clear, I mean the zip files above. It is a picture taken 4/11/1998. I wonder if that means it is a bug in the update?

Comment

It has FPX.DDL 4.32 on it.

Comment

I got a reply:

Originally posted by Irfan Skiljan
                No bug => FPX should die.

Yes, because of so many bugs in FPX library (overflows and security issues), some fixes will reject buggy FPX files.

Nobody should use FPX anymore, the format is dead.

=> the user should convert the files to something normal and never use FPX again ;-)

So, open the files in 4.44 and save them in a more useful format. If you need old version installers, check my IrfanView Help Page You can simply install it and the plugins in a different folder.

I opened those two files and saved them as JPG using version 4.44

Click image for larger version

Name:	P0001410.jpg
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	83095Click image for larger version

Name:	P0001411.jpg
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	83096
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.04.2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I will say that I have used IrfanView for a long time and my old fpx files have always worked fine in the past. These are pictures I took with my first digital camera back in the 90s. They are straight out of the camera without any post processing for the most part.

Comment

The last version of Xnview, that also claims to support the format, crashes on your samples instantly. As said, it might be time to convert your old photos to tiff or similar. And also keep an old enough version of IrfanView with them.

(I have a similar situation with some ancient crw photos, that no modern raw converter can open any more.)
                    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                    X