MNG frame dispose/blend methods not properly handled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed MNG frame dispose/blend methods not properly handled

IrfanView x64 4.5.1 with Plugins for same version (as well as previous versions)

When viewing "optimized" MNG images, frames are not drawn over the previous ones like they should be

Attached are two examples of the problem (created with different methods) as well as the original GIF that they were created from.
    The first one is frame-optimized, created by an application that uses Magick.NET.
    The second one is transparency-optimized, created with the following ImageMagick command:
    Code:
    magick konata.gif -layers optimize konata2.mng
    All images have 8BPP palette, but the problem exists with 24 and 32 BPP as well (files too big to attach here).
    Attached Files

I received a reply:

Originally posted by Irfan Skiljan
    I will see if a fix is possible.
    Why people always ride on "dead" formats?
    I can't find any site with a newer MNG library ... all links are dead.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan sent me the attached plugin.
      Attached Files
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That plugin, when used with the 32-bit version of IrfanView, fixes the problem for me, thanks!

(About MNG being a dead format, I am trying to get APNG output working in my application, but it's not as simple as outputting to MNG since the ImageMagick developers are refusing to add support for it. I have gotten the conversion to work only partially so far.)

Comment

Here is the 64-bit version. I was holding it back because I came across a bug.

Both versions have the same bug. You must not use any option like fit image to desktop, but play at original size.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.05.2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Alright, since zooming was never working anyway that bug won't be an issue for now, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X