Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Irfanview Thumbnails] /thumbs: Can't read file header. Unknown file format, empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug [Irfanview Thumbnails] /thumbs: Can't read file header. Unknown file format, empty

Using IrfanView 4.51 x64 in win10 v1803.

Whenever I rightclick in File Explorer on any folder, and press "Browse with IrfanView" even on c:\1, an empty folder , I get the following error popup (also see attached screenshot):

Code:
    C:\1 /thumbs: Can't read file header ! 
    Unknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found !
    If I press OK at the popup, then Irfanview Thumbnails starts ok.

I don't have any problem when opening files directly in IrfanView, by doubleclicking them in File Explorer

Click image for larger version

Name:	I5dmo0B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	85119
    Last edited by zakk; 12.05.2018, 11:17 AM.

I just get the context menu. Do you see something like that?

Name:	Context Menu.png
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	83110

What do you have enabled in Shell Options?

Name:	Shell Options.png
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	83111
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry, I missed:
      "Whenever I rightclick in File Explorer on any folder, and press "Browse with IrfanView" .

Here are the two screenshots:

Name:	2018-05-12_130312.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	83112 Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-12_130244.jpg
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	83113

Comment

Confirmed. I sent a report to Irfan Skiljan.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for the quick response!

Comment

I fixed it after getting a hint from Irfan Skiljan. Try this (I did the reverse to use 32-bit version, which is better as it supports all plugins).

1. Run C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe as Administrator
            2. Disable the "Add Browse with IrfanView" for drives and folders in shell menu
            3. Run C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe as Administrator
            4. Enable the "Add Browse with IrfanView" for drives and folders in shell menu

Comment

I only have the 64-bit version installed, so by running i_view64.exe as admin and disabling and re-enabling "Add Browse with IrfanView" the issue is fixed for me too.
              Thank you.

Comment

Glad to hear that it is fixed for you now.

Comment

Working...
                X