Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I already use VLC as my main video player but only for high quality stuff like movies and tv shows. I used Irfan for images (which I can still use) and animations and shorts such as gifs, webms, mp4, etc. that don't work as well on VLC :/

Comment

I realize that technically the problem may not be with Irfanview, but Irfanview is the only program that can't run videos. Kind of a bummer since it's such a great app.

Comment

I too have found this issue when playing videos with the inbuilt player (AVI / MPG).
        I get sound but no video but have found that it is only NVIDIA graphics cards that shows the problem.
        On one PC with multi-monitors and one NVIDIA and one ATI Graphics card, if the video window is dragged from NVIDIA to ATI it plays OK. Drag it back and its sound only.

Another PC with NVIDIA only has same issue, sound only.

Have just updated to latest NVIDIA drivers (released yesterday) but the problem still there.

I agree with Xeo above - hope this extra info provides some clues.

Comment

Playing videos: audio works but no video

Like the topic says, when I try to play videos via IrfanView I'm getting a blank screen. The audio works, though.

I'm using the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 14.1.5

I was using Windows 8.1 a few weeks ago and now I moved onto Windows 10. It was working no problem on Windows 8.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Also have the same problem, also using a nvidia card. Tried using the new graphics setting to select my onboard Intel GPU for Irfanview but still having the same problem.

Is there some way of getting debug logs? What API does Irfanview send the video to Windows through?

Comment

I'm also having similar issues. When using a second monitor I can get videos to play on the second monitor. If they are on the primary monitor then it is just sound.

I just rolled back my Nvidia drivers to 391.35 and can now play videos on my primary monitor.

Comment

We don't need any more bug reports on this topic.

The report has already been submitted to Irfan Skiljan and he has replied — see above.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                X