No announcement yet.

batch converting static swf to image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another option to consider is "printing" the Flash image to a PDF, which can later be used as is, or converted to raster graphic with many more tools than are available for Flash. Clicking through the print dialog is harder to automate reliably.

In my experiment, the vector shapes were considerably decimated, approximated with linear segments, and type was also converted to shapes. I am not sure if that is a flaw in the Flash Player (probably) or the PDF converter I used. The worse quality is visible at typical screen size, but might be considered acceptable. One more thing to watch out for, is ClearType, which will inflate file size and make the rendered graphic display worse on screens with different pixel order. Flash/PDF wouldn't use it, but some new alternate PDF tools might.

Maybe there is a "virtual printer" that can produce a ready to use image files.

There is a standalone version of a Flash player, so browser doesn't need to be involved. It makes no difference to the quality though.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the idea, but as you said, the loss of quality is clearly visible, so I wouldn't bother with this method.
      As soon as I have some freetime I'm going to try the browser+script technique.

Comment

Working...
      X