Request: Plugin to view Samsung Motion Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Request: Plugin to view Samsung Motion Photos

Here is a new feature enabled on Samsung phones from S7 onwards.

With Motion Photos now enabled, any time you capture a photo your phone will record a couple seconds of video leading up to the shutter button being pressed.
    There is a video file physically embedded within the JPG, which can currently only be played on the Samsung device itself, in the Gallery app.

As the code in the github project pilcru/motion-photo-extractor shows, the format is straightforward to parse: the video and JPG parts are separated by the string "MotionPhoto_Data".

Would you add the ability to play (or even extract) the video file, as an IrfanView plugin?

Thanks!

Originally posted by protehnica View Post
    Would you add the ability to play (or even extract) the video file, as an IrfanView plugin?
    I would not if I was the developer.

The answer that I would expect from Irfan Skiljan (who does not follow this user-to-user forum) would be along the lines of "If a developer writes a plugin."

Check out the Sticky Threads
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X