Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confusing error message--How to respond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusing error message--How to respond?

When trying to open images, I get the message: "The data area passed to a system call is too small." What does this mean and how should I respond?

Tell us your OS, your irfanview version, and provide some images that give this error.

Are these images on a network drive? If so, copy them to your local drive before trying to open them.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.06.2018, 06:34 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Reply re Confusing error message.

Typical result attached. It may also appear if you try to open the image from this message. Did on my system.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Irfan.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	83131

Comment

I don't have any images that give this message. Does it happen for you with all images?

The problem seems to be with your email program. Save the files to disk before opening them in IrfanView.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 23.06.2018, 06:51 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X