Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved 4.51 x64 Massdeployment i_view64.ini Problems with INI_Folder

Hey guys,

We are trying out IrfanView x64 for the first time on Windows 10 Clients and we are experiencing the "Your INI file is read only" error.
    Now so far we know it works as admin and of course the solution is to use the

[Others]
    INI_Folder="%APPDATA%\Irfanview"

arguments in the .ini file for our multiple user environment BUT whatever arguments we are using in our deployment software it always just creates the i_view64 with the following entry:

[Others]
    INI_Folder=C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofil e\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView

what are the arguments to work around this? we tried the /ini="%APPDATA%\IrfanView" but it just doesn't seem to work. (Maybe because we use entity SYSTEM for deployment software so that the variables don't work?)

The only last option I see is a script that overwrites the existing i_view64.ini with let's say for example xcopy.

Any advice?

Edit:
    I couldn't rest all day long figuring this out and I have the solution that I want to share with all of you guys. As I expected since I came across this years ago: if you use SCCM or any other mass deployment tool that uses the SYSTEM entity you will get problems with x64 variables since SYSTEM does not interpret them correctly. easy to check in a CMD with a set a to see your used variables as SYSTEM.

Now if you deploy using USER credentials like for instance a domain admin it will place the /ini=%APPDATA%/... accordingly.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 26.06.2018, 02:51 PM.

Thanks for letting us know that you found a solution. I am not familiar with deploying software for many users.

When I run the installer, it defaults to setup for the current user only. Can't you just install it for All Users?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

deployment software does not know what you want and so it needs arguments. Its purpose is also to happen silent, the user shouldnt see or get involved in what admins decide.
      The arguments define the steps you would normally take when manually clicking through the setup. For instance: "Install for All Users" as you said above.

I still think im not yet totally convinced since the job still runs but so far it looks promising.

Comment

Working...
      X