"AND" Forum Searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"AND" Forum Searches

I'd like to be able to do AND searches in this terrific forum that has so many useful posts. It seems that even with Advanced search our search results give results as an OR search with the most relevant (perhaps even containing all the search terms) at the top.
    For a work around I recently used a google search specific to this site:
    search and iptc and save site:https://irfanview-forum.de
    Last edited by HolyHarmonica; 04.07.2018, 04:19 AM.
    Geoffrey in Thailand

I suspect that the search is a feature of the vBulletin 4.2.3 software that the site uses, so not something that the Admin can change.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I use Google searches all the time instead of the forum search. One thing about the forum search which I find annoying is that it will not search for words with 3 or less characters.

Only the other day I did a search on Google by entering Irfanview Mij VBS USB. I found what I was looking for straight away at the top of the results list. The way Google is designed you see the AND results first and the various OR combinations appear a little further down the list, so no need to use the AND or OR functions explicitly in many cases.

Comment

Also works fine without Google
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X