Save for Web filenames truncated and given a tilde characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Save for Web filenames truncated and given a tilde characters

After I press the Save button in the Save for Web plugi-in the filename that's shown is a truncated version of the real filename with a tilde attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	85123

How do I stop this and make the true filename appear? I've been using Irfanview for years and this has never happened before.

Many thanks

Steve

What is your IrfanView version?
    Have you installed the updated plugins?
    What is your OS?

Please fill in these details in your forum profile to save us asking, and save you from repeating it.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

JFYI:
      1) The RIOT-plugin that comes with Iview 4.51 ist version 0.3.3, copyrighted 2009. I don't get MS-DOS compatible (truncated) filenames with that.
      2) The version available on the RIOT website is v0.6 (RIOT as plug-in for other applications http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/download/).
      This installs the latest version in Iview's plugin folder and also does not truncate filenames.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
      X