Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Crop multiple images into two halves

Hello guys.

Please help to solve the problem. I think there has to be a way to solve it with irfanview.
    Problem: I have multiple images of different sizes and dimensions(e.g 960x960 or 960x840 or 1200x1150 or it can be any else).

They consist of two images like this one in attach. I need to split them into two images. But when I look at crop settings in batch, I cant find how to tell the program that I need to cut it, at first, from start to the middle of the image(x-coordinate), and in the next step cut(or crop) from middle to the end (speaking about horizontal coordinate or x-coordinate).
    I have an idea of how to do that when I have files of the same size? but it would be much harder as it would require sorting images.
    And I think that software made by people who are much smarter and probably having solutions to such problem as cutting image into two straight in the middle
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MvUofw6Rgkg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	85124

Sorting images by dimensions is possible in Thumbnails view (T shortcut). If you do that then select the first set of images all 960.x960 and start a batch process with them, you can do what you want in three batch runs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sort Thumbnails.png
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	83144
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for the hint, so I will use it as a workaround )))... But why you say 3 runs??
      I thought 2 would be enough. Could you please specify them so I dont stuck again.
      I though I need first make crop area(480x960) from zero to middle ( 480 in my example), and the next run it would be crop area (48x960) with starting at 481 x-coord and 0 y-coord.
      What do I miss?
      Last edited by Kost9lbrik; 06.07.2018, 04:05 PM. Reason: 480=>481

Comment

You gave three sizes and did not say that all would be cropped vertically.

Use as few or as many batch jobs as you need. If you search, or wait, you might find a better method. Note that you can save settings from the Advanced Batch dialogue for later reuse.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

oh, now I see what 3 runs you were talking about. And yes I know that it is possible to save settings, pretty useful for multiple use )))...
          Thanks again. And best regards

Comment

Working...
          X