Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does IrfanView save color correction profiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does IrfanView save color correction profiles?

When I use the "Color Corrections" (Shift-G) tool, it shows a checkbox "Save values on exit", which does in fact seem to save my correction values for reuse the next time I open the tool. However, I would prefer to be able to save more than one correction profile. This capability appears to be intended. I see a dropdown box labelled "Profiles" and buttons labelled "Load "Delete" and "Save". If I type a name into the box under "Profiles" and click "Save", the new name appears in the dropdown list. However, if I exit and reopen IrfanView, the list is empty again.

Edit: After checking "Save values on exit" IrfanView remembers my stored profiles. I would still be curious to know where IrfanView saves the profiles.
    Last edited by rsbrux; 13.07.2018, 03:49 PM. Reason: SHort between headsets ;-}

It is stored in iview32.ini or iview64.ini, whichever version you use, in the section [ColorCorrection].
    The path to the ini-file is %appdata%\Irfanview
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

The drop down list of profiles is a bit confusing to use since you have to click on the name of the profile you want which is then shown in the Profiles dialog box, but you have to click on Load to apply the profile values and view the effects in the New image window. You can then click on Apply to original to view the effect in the Image you are working on and then OK to close the dialog and keep it.

I have checked my ini file and see that the profiles are stored in the [ColorCorrections] section as Kuki Dent says, each occupying a single line. To my surprise I see that the titles of other profiles that I have deleted are still retained there too. It is just the values that have been deleted from those lines. I cannot see the point of keeping the titles of profiles that have been deleted since they do not appear in the drop down list and you cannot restore them as titles in the drop down list as far as I can see.
      Last edited by Mij; 14.07.2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X