Resiizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resiizing

I apologise if this question has been asked previously, but is there any way to show sizes on the grid when you are in the process of resizing an image?
    I need to crop images to 1000 x 400 for our church website, and I am looking for the most efficient way of doing this - currently I crop the image, check the size, then go back to the original and try again using the resize grid slightly differently - ie 'hit or miss'

I am not sure what is the resize grid. Here is how I would approch the problem.

Create a custom crop selection (Edit menu) with aspect ratio of 2.50 (10:4). Resize this selection frame on the main window to include the needed subjects by holding down the Ctrl key to keep the chosen ratio. Move the selection around with the right mouse button with Ctrl released. Perform the crop. The image should ideally be significantly larger than required or the exact dimensions for best quality. Now resample to 1000 by 400. The aspect ratio will be off by a few pixels due to rounding error (maybe 1003 by 400). Either uncheck the Preserve aspect ratio box, or crop off a couple more rows or columns with Canvas size.

Comment

The size of the current selection is also shown in the IrfanView Windows Title bar and changes dynamically as you drag the mouse cursor. Setting a custom selection as suggested by j7n is more precise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection Size.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	83149
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X