User Profile does not show IV-32/64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Profile does not show IV-32/64

In my user profile, there does not appear to be a place to designate which version of IV I'm using. This seems significant as I'm using IV-32 on Win7-64. Or have I overlooked something? Or does it not matter?
    Geoffrey in Thailand

The forum was set up before there was a 64-bit version to install. I don't think it is important in most cases to know which bit-depth version is being used, but it is important to know the version number as features are added and bugs are fixed with each update.

If you selected 64-bit OS architecture we know that you may be using 64-bit IrfanView. However, it is recommended on the IrfanView site to use the 32-bit version. Only use the 64-bit version if you need to work with large images.

Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:

• Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
    • Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
    • Needs less disc space
    • All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
    • Some old 32-bit PlugIns (like RIOT and Adobe 8BF PlugIn) work only in compatibilty mode in IrfanView-64
    • Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X